Franklin Co. Solid Waste Director Fonda Davis, celebrates 30 Years of Service
Hours of Operation
Winter Hours October 1 – March 31: 9am – 4:30pm
Summer Hours April 1 – September 31: 7am – 4:30pm
Closed on County Holidays and weekends except for scheduled Amnesty Days on Saturday.
ALL SATURDAY AMNESTY HOURS 9AM -4:30PM (THIS INCLUDES AMNESTY THAT FALL DURRING THE SUMMER DATES)
Landfill Tipping Fees
Household Waste - $65.00 Per Ton
Yard Trash - $45.00 Per Ton
Construction & Demolition - $65.00 Per Ton
White Goods - $65.00 Per Ton
Regular Tires - $2.50 Per tire up to 4 tires
Large Tires - $5.00 Per tire up to 4 tires
Over 4 Tires - $250.00 Per ton
Sludge - $17.00 Per Ton
Seafood Waste - $17.00 Per Ton
ALL DEBRIS, REGARDLESS OF TYPE, SIZE OR WEIGHT DELIVERED TO THE FRANKLIN COUNTY CENTRAL LANDFILL FOR DISPOSAL, MUST BE COMPLETELY ENCLOSED AND SECURED TO THE VEHICLE BY A TARPAULIN OR SIMILAR MATERIAL OR A UNCOVERED DEBRIS DISPOSAL FEE OF $10.00 WILL BE ASSESSED PER LOAD. THIS INCLUDES DEBRIS DELIVERED IN PLASTIC BAGS. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO OUR AMNESTY DAYS. IF ANY DEBRIS IS DELIVERED UNCOVERED ON AMNESTY DAY, THE CUSTOMER WILL STILL BE ASSESSED THE $10.00 FEE.
Franklin County’s goal is to maintain clean and safe roadsides. The uncontrolled and unsanitary right-of-way disposal of debris by residents in unincorporated areas, is strictly prohibited by Franklin County Ordinance No. 2016 06. Not only is the debris and trash placement against the law, it degrades the appearance of the county roads and adjacent properties. Any person violating any provision of this ordinance is subject to penalties. If you are in the incorporated area of the County, please contact City Hall for direction on Right-of-Way debris pickup schedule and guidelines.
Allowable Right-of-Way Debris in unincorporated areas of Franklin County Yard trash limbs up to 18” in diameter, no more than 4 ft. long. Pine straw, pine cones, leaves and grass clippings. It is prohibited for Contractors to dispose of debris on the Right-of-Way. Any other debris will be the owner’s responsibility to dispose of properly at the Central Landfill. Please take the advantage of the once a month Amnesty days (see schedule below).
Monthly Right-of-Way Debris Pickup Schedule
- Alligator Point, St James & Lanark Village 1st Week of the Month
- Carrabelle 2nd Week of the Month
- Eastpoint, St. George Island & Plantation Airport 3rd Week of the Month
- Apalachicola 4th Week of the Month
Please place debris on the right-of-way next to your property at least one day prior to the trucks arriving in your area. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your friends at the Franklin County Solid Waste Department by calling (850) 670-8167 or email us.
- Paint and paint thinners
- Batteries (except alkaline/non/rechargeable)
- Used motor oil
- Antifreeze and brake fluid
- Household cleaning fluids
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
2019 Amnesty Day Schedule
Saturday, January 19th
Wednesday, February 20th
Wednesday, March 20th
Saturday, April 27th
Wednesday, May 22nd
Wednesday, June 19th
Saturday, July 20th
Wednesday, August 21st
Wednesday, September 18th
Saturday, October 19th Amnesty Day October 19th has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 26th
Wednesday, November 20th
Wednesday, December 18th
Accepted waste items are:
- Yard Trash – limbs up to 18” in diameter, Pine straw & cones, leaves, and grass clippings.
- No mixed trash as bottles, cans, paper, etc.. Yard trash will be accepted every Monday of the month as well as Amnesty Days listed.
- White Goods – Stoves, ranges, refrigerators, tin, iron and any household or commercial items made of metal. No automobiles or vehicles.
- Tires – up to TWO car or small truck tires, with or without rims, per resident. Tires from wholesale or retail businesses will not be accepted free of charge.
- Construction & Demolition Debris – wood, bricks, sheetrock, windows, carpet and any other debris which is brought in by the homeowner. DEBRIS WHICH IS BROUGHT IN BY COMMERCIAL CONTRACTORS OR BUILDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS AMNESTY.
- Excluded items during Amnesty Days are household garbage, clothing, and restricted items already listed.
Recycling is a powerful tool in solid waste management, and the Franklin County Recycling Volunteer Program encourages all citizens to participate by taking their recyclables to one of the recycling drop off sites.
Apalachicola - Commerce Street, North of Highway 98
Eastpoint - 24 6th Street or 210 State Road 65
St George Island - 24 West Bayshore Drive
Carrabelle - 101 Gray Ave
St James - 239 Crooked River Road